Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Just The Routine Poutine

(c) Mike Katzberg


I never get paid

now that you do

1978 banking problems still exist”

the same parking lot

the same trenches

the same ball of sand in my eye when I wake.


Across the land and trench foot soup holes

a right arm thrown in the “Bosch”

dead bodies convalesced

.  .  .  “Eggs and Chips” coalesced

near the field hospital

dedicated chains

the corps

the field

the war

the corpse.


New money

dead bodies

1983 built the mass graves

that a re-signing clause from 1978 never fixed.

Xs in pantomime

over sand like clauses never signed

by “The Bank Of Canada”

Germany built ovens for my Canadian children--

in later years.


Never

a new day

Brigadierre General J. Phillipe Esquire on the hurdy gurdy

man smoking on the line

throw another bomb in the fire

still didn't get paid yet. . .

and a thousand years after that.


Coming up the line from behind

with bayonetting up the rear

fixed all the French's back line problems.


Too bad 1998 didn't fix everything.

It is 2022 and I am a Dali Lama wondering

why I never get paid.


March 8, 2022



No comments:

Post a Comment